Chess club of Friends does not have participation fees at chess tournaments and therefore the club is looking for companies and individuals to strengthen its activities.
Activities and goals of the Chess club of friends:
- The main goal of the association is to promote chess life among people with mental disorders.
- Hold chess tournaments monthly / every other month in Vin Date center, Hverfisgata 47.
- Go and play chess with people in the Community center at Aflagranda 40 on Mondays.
- Hold a teaching / lecture on chess in the Role center among people from residential centers and or shelters on Tuesdays.
- Hold a special Christmas chess tournament in Kleppi every year in December among people with mental disorders.
- Participate in the Icelandic Chess Tournament.
- Visit residential centers, shelters and psychiatric wards to give people charts and chess clocks.
The Friends Chess Club is looking for companies to support individual chess tournaments, but individuals can also support the club with voluntary donations.
To support the club, the support account is: 0133-26-012306 and ID number: 630913-1010.